Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Game Ever

A few weeks ago, I ran into my colleague, Jason Lutes walking down the street with his two children, Clementine and Max.  He told me they were heading to go check out my pinball machine for the first time, so I decided to tag along.


We set Clementine up on a stool and she could just barely reach both flippers.  At first she just started flipping the flippers as fast as she could.  But then we explained that she should try to hit the ball, and all in an instant she GOT IT.  She started waiting for the ball to near the flipper and then she would carefully push the button and send the pinball back up the playfield.  It was really amazing to see someone play their very first game of pinball, especially someone so young.  It made me realize just how intuitive pinball is.  It's such a simple interface, anyone can play!

No comments:

Post a Comment