Thursday, December 23, 2010

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


Happy Holidays everybody!  Anyone that flips the ole silverball with me can tell you that I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS.  I love the food, the music, the snow; EVERYTHING.  I'm actually not terribly keen on the actual day, but all the days leading up to Christmas are awesome.  Gentle readers, what is it that YOU want for the holidays? 

I was visiting some friends in Burlington Vermont this weekend and two cool pinball things happened.  First, I need to preface this story with the fact that there are NO PINBALL MACHINES, AT ALL, in all of Chittenden county (a large chunk of VT that includes Burlington, Colchester, Winooski, Essex, and my hometown of Essex Junction).

1) This quote from a friend of mine who had visited me in WRJ and played the machines that Alec and I have (he isn't a pinhead, but he might be now!)

"Guys, Jon and his friend have two pinball machines that they maintain, and I've played them, and it's the best thing ever.  They're LITERALLY living our childhood dream.  Remember the old Aladdin's Castle arcade in the U-Mall?  Remember how we used to run out of quarters?  Well, remember how much fun that place was, but then imagine NEVER RUNNING OUT OF QUARTERS."

It was just one of those awesome, I-love-pinball, kind of moments.

2) A friend of mine that works in the Essex Outlet Cinema told me that he urged his boss into getting a pinball machine for the lobby!!!  Apparently, it's a Sega South Park, which I've played before.  It's a pretty fun machine!  I can't wait to give it a whirl.  It's a pinball oasis in an otherwise pin-barren sea.

Well, that's all I've got for you true believers over here at Jon Chad HQ.  Stay warm and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment