Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ryan Claytor's got pinball fever!

Many years ago, at a long-forgotten comic convention I met a very friendly guy named Ryan Claytor.  Ryan leads a very similar life, when compared to Jon and I.  He self-publishes his own minicomics and like us, he teaches comics, though at Michigan State University and The University of Michigan Flint.  But the similarities don't stop there, because recently Ryan has been getting REALLY into pinball!

He recently posted a list of the top five most enjoyable educational and/or helpful pinball resources that he has found in recent months.  I'm proud to say that Drop Target was his #1 resource!

This summer Ryan went on a tour, promoting his excellent Elephant Eater comics, and he is now posting entries from his tour diary, which also include all of the pinball machines he played while he was out on the road!

The first tour post covers Kentucky and Tennessee, and MAN does Ryan manage to find some awesome machines out there!  If you are living in those areas, definitely check out this post to make sure you're not missing out on some awesome pinhalls.  I look forward to seeing the rest of Ryan's tour diary, so I can learn about some more of the great pinhalls that are scattered across the country.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alec [AND JON!],

    Thanks for the mention about my tour posts and for the kind words about my work. I hope your D.T. readers find the entries interesting/useful. Your zine here has played a large part in my reintroduction to the pinball hobby, so many thanks for that as well. All the best to you both!

    Here's looking forward to DTZ#3!!

    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

    ReplyDelete