Monday, March 16, 2015

What have I played?

As this is posting, I should be in Pittsburgh, PA for PAPA 18, and then visiting in the days following with some of my favorite people in the world (Sophie, Carl, Josh, and Joyana!!!).  I queued this up so that we can have uninterrupted service here at Drop Target HQ.  I was in the car with my girlfriend the other day when she asked me, "have you played every pinball machine?"  Of course the answer is a resounding NO, but then she asked, "how many of the, like, top 100 games have you played?"  Hmmm, a more reasonable request. 

I went onto IPDB and pulled up the list of top 300 SS machines and started from the top, checking which ones I had played, and which ones I hadn't.  Here's the machines I haven't gotten a chance to play YET!

23) 1994 The Shadow by Bally
31) 1991 The Machine: Bride of Pin-bot by Williams
37) 1995 Pinball Magic by Capcom
53) 1996 Safe Cracker by Bally
58) 1993 Last Action Hero by Data East
68) 1994 Corvette by Bally
82) 1994 WWF Royal Rumble by Data East
85) 1994 Demolition Man by Williams
88) 1990 Back to the Future by Data East
97) 1990 Dr. Dude and his Excellent Ray by Bally
99) 1997 Starship Troopers by Sega

Now, I want to STRESS that this does not mean that I am a knowledgeable expert, or even competent player at the games that are NOT on this list.  I'm still at the point in my pinball journey that I am discovering what is out there.  That being said, the past couple of times I've gone to Pinball Wizard Arcade in NH, I've spent more time on one or two machines, instead of trying out every machine separately. 

(I kept looking past #100 to see if it would be worth going on, but the list of games I had played diminished almost immediately, and we entered unfamiliar territory.  So many games to play!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment