Monday, April 11, 2011

Pinball and Pizza at Fratelli's!


Well, Jon and I finally finished up Drop Target #2 last week!  This weekend we were both in New York City selling DTZ #2 to the attendees of the MoCCA Comics Arts Festival.  I had a great time at the show and found a lot of great new comics, but even better, on Friday night, I found a great new pinhall!

In the photo above you can see one of my gracious hosts for the weekend, Dustin Dennis, who recommended the Fratelli Pizza Joint which had pretty awesome pizza and EIGHT pinballs in prime condition:
  • Simpson's Pinball Party
  • Addam's Family
  • Sopranos
  • Big Buck Hunter
  • World Tournament Poker
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Family Guy
I had a a pretty good, 115M game on Pirates, which I had never played before.  We also headed over to the Satellite Lounge, which was only like five blocks away, where I had an awesome multiball on Avatar, scoring 75M (my best game on that machine yet).  They also had Dracula, Earthquake, Monster Bash and the Indiana Jones, Batman and Sopranos Stern games.  

On Saturday night, I somehow talked my friends into revisiting BOTH establishments, where I managed to get a 98M on Addam's Family (my best yet for that one too!) and a pathetically low replay score on Monster Bash.  What can I say?  I was wiped out after a long day at the show.  Also, a little bit drunk...  Anyway, I've added Fratilli's to the sidebar of excellent Pinhalls.  Definitely give it a visit if you are in New York!

I will be at the Stumptown Comics Fest NEXT weekend in Portland, Oregon, and then we will finally put DTZ #2 up for online ordering.  Sorry for the wait, I just won't have time to make the necessary trips to the post office until I get back.  If you are in Portland, swing by the show and pick up a copy!  I'll report about my pinball activities in PDX when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment