Thursday, January 5, 2012

Links Links Links


The internet NEVER fails to provide me with a seemingly endless supply of pinball content.  Since I draw ALL THE TIME, I am always looking for different things to listen to.  It helps pass the time when you're inking a ba-zillion little transistors, leaves, or whatnot.  Here's some of the stuff that I've been TOTALLY digging lately.  I'll preface this by saying that I am not claiming that these links are 100% NEW, just that they've crossed my doorstep.

1) Spooky Pinball Podcast: I don't know how I didn't get into this sooner.  While the show is not 100% pinball, it is still super enjoyable to listen to.  Often, that percentage of stuff that ISN'T pinball is still stuff that I'm into.  One of the first episodes I listened to had a section on a Godzilla convention.  I.  LOVE.  GODZILLA.  And I love this show.  I'll be sad when I've exhausted all the episodes.

2) New Episodes of the Silverball Podcast: I might have talked about this show before, but I love it.  Rob Craig and Steve Rothchild have made a really well-produced show with some really great segments.  Recently, a couple of new episodes have been released after a pretty lengthy hiatus.  Pingods be praised!

3) PAPA video archive:  The good people at the Professional and Amateur Pinball Association gave the wider pinball community what was maybe the BEST X-mas gift EVER: an archive and listing of not only the awesome tutorial videos that they make, but also regular gameplay footage and tournament footage.  It's an amazing resource!

4) This Photo:
Someone on the internet was talking about our zine and wanted to post a picture showing off all three issues.  First of all, that's just heart-warming.  Secondly, this person took the photo of the zines ON a pinball machine; Lord of the Rings, with the glass off!  This makes my glamor shot from Tuesday look like chump change!

No comments:

Post a Comment