Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pinball Trip and Glamor Shots

Recently, Alec and I went to Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH.  I know that both of us have mentioned this SEVERAL times, but that arcade is INCREDIBLE.  If you live in New England, you NEED to go there. 

The arcade was pretty hopping.  Alec and I put in a good 7 hours of pinball; playing away until our arms were sore.  The game that we put the most time on was the Stern Tron machine.  By the end of the night, we had both nailed down most of the shots, and figured out how to handle the basics (getting the different multiballs / skillshots / etc.)  In one of our last games of the night, Alec totally put Tron through it's paces and got a replay on the first ball!  Here's some pics from the trip:


This Super Mario Mushroom World game was AWESOME.  First, it's half the size of a normal pinball machine (which is why I'm leaning over the machine.  I'm not a giant)  Second, the music is great.  Third, this game can be set up to give out tickets.  That's just cool.

Believe it, or not, this was my favorite machine of the trip: Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball.  Does this game have modes: no.  Does this game have a multiball: no.  Does this game have a right outlane: no.  I don't know what to say, the game was just fun to play.  The right orbit shot leads to a set of lanes which funnel down to a little lower playfield (a la Black Hole, except no extra glass).  Everytime I made that right orbit, I was on cloud nine.  Mark Walters, who writes for McSweeney's, actually mentioned this machine in one of his articles (this one).  He had serious complaints about this machine, and they're all totally justified.

I put some serious time on The Champion Pub as well.  What a game!

PINBALL!!!  YESSS!

Alec gets the #1 High Score on our old friend, Star Wars Episode 1.  It was really surreal to put some time on this machine, it's been a long time. 

This is the aforementioned glamor shot.  I'm sorry internet.  I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment